We have been working hard making posters to encourage people to switch off their car engines whilst waiting outside school. Please help to keep our air clean by turning off your engine when parked outside. The children have been learning about the environment and ways to reduce pollution in our area.
If any parents missed the Djembe Drum Concert, I have a 30 minute recording on my IPad to view. Unfortunately the file is too big to upload to our class page. I am currently working on making it smaller.
On Friday 6th September, we will be visiting the Life Education Caravan to learn all about 'Taking care of ourselves'. Our session will start at 13:30 and end at 14:45. This is a fantastic learning experience for your child as part of their PSHCE lesson. The caravan will be situated on the KS1 playground and is available for a parent session on Friday 6th September 08:45-09:05. Pop along and have a look at what we will be learning. You won't miss it, there is a huge Giraffe on the side of the caravan!
Welcome to Year 4!
I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you and your child to their new class. My name is Mrs Rimmer and I will be your child’s class teacher. The Teaching Assistants in class will be Mrs Whittaker and Mrs Carr.
- Children will line up outside the classroom at 8:45am and will be collected from the door at 3:30pm.
- The password system will still apply for new people collecting your child.
- School lunches are available but in Key Stage 2 (Years 3, 4, 5 and 6) they are no longer free. The cost is £2.10 per day, unless you are in receipt of Free School Meal benefit.
- Please continue to read with your child on a daily basis as this will support them as the texts become more challenging in class.
- Our curriculum is broad and varied and includes subjects like the Vikings and Electricity. We will be learning to play the Djembe drums every Tuesday morning (it's going to be noisy!) with a performance planned for the end of the year to showcase their talent! Further details will follow.
- PE is once a week on Wednesday, please can your child leave their PE kit in School for the term. They will be sent home for washing each term.
- Times tables will form a huge part of your child’s end of year assessments. Practise, practise and more practise!